Velashape is taking the world by storm. Offering a fast and simple way to tighten and tone your body from the abdomen to the thighs and buttocks, it drastically can change the way you feel about your body contours. The procedure is quick and painless, but there are a few things you need to know about aftercare.
- Stay Hydrated: Velashape is actually a process that requires multiple treatments over the course of several weeks and months. In the time between and after treatments, you need to help your body repair the area by staying hydrated. This means drinking the recommended eight glasses of water per day. This is one of the most important post-care instructions.
- Eat Well: Again, if you really want to see the best results, your body is depending on the nutrients you get from good food. A proper diet will help prolong your results and keep you from undoing all the progress from your Velashape treatment.
- Avoid Heat: In the days immediately following your treatment, you should avoid any unnecessary heat on your skin. This means tanning, hot tubs and saunas. Your skin will be somewhat delicate for about 48 hours after body-contouring treatment, and any additional heat could cause damage to the area.
- Don’t Take Blood Thinners: Whether it’s aspirin or a prescription NSAID, blood thinners can increase the likelihood of bruising and swelling. The Velashape process uses rollers that gently massage heat down into your subdermal layers, and people with thin skin or weak blood vessels may be susceptible to mild bruising. Blood thinners can make the bruising significantly worse.
- Watch for Anything Unusual: If bruising or swelling persists for more than three days, contact your doctor. It is normal to feel a warm sensation for several hours following treatment, but it should not be painful or keep you from your normal activities.
- Stay Active: One thing that makes Velashape so popular is that it doesn’t require any down time after treatment. You should continue working, exercising and being active throughout the process. This will help improve your results during treatment, and also prolong your results once you have reached the maintenance phase.
- Be Patient: Your body continues to work on the treated area for up to 10 weeks after your last session. While most patients start seeing results after only a few treatments, your full results will appear gradually over the next two months.
- Schedule Follow-Up Appointments: Be sure to schedule follow-up appointments with your provider to verify that your body continues to work on the treated area as it should following the procedure.
- The Importance of Ongoing Treatments: For continued tightening and toning of your body’s contours, it is important to remember that ongoing treatments will help to best maintain your desired shape.
At White Tea Med Spa in NYC, we offer both Velashape and the new Velashape III treatments. To learn more about treatment options for your stubborn belly or thigh fat, call us today and schedule your free consultation at our 14th street location.