It amazes me how much the weather can affect my mood! Trudging through the wet snow and slush has not exactly uplifted me, but when I walked out of my apartment this morning, I thought I heard all of heaven singing! The mild, clear air wrapped around me, the sun was shining on my face, and the sound of singing birds filled the sky. All of a sudden, I was inspired, refreshed, and ready to take on the day!
My mind drifted to warmer weather, summer time, vacation, beaches, swimsuits…oh my God– I started getting anxious. Was I ready to reveal my winter body? I feel like a bear hibernating under heavy sweaters and multiple layers of bulky clothing.
I had to begin to prepare. I had to start somewhere.
Hair removal! There is nothing I hate more than shaving everyday. Okay, well maybe there are a few things I hate more, but shaving is a big inconvenience in my opinion. As someone who does not like hair anywhere (I’d shave my entire body if I had the patience) I hate that shaving monopolizes a significant part of my morning routine; cutting into my sleep time! A perfect world is a world where the only hair that grew was the hair on my head. The answer: laser hair removal.
I was always slightly terrified of this procedure, but with the great reviews and experienced therapists at The White Tea Med Spa, I decided to face my fears head on. What better time to start prepping for the summer than now? The White Tea Med Spa uses Elos technology which combines optical energy with electrical energy. As a result of this dynamite match made in heaven, Elos provides real results for anyone regardless of hair or skin color, takes half the time of other laser hair removal systems, and is powerful enough to remove minimally pigmented hair. I am starting with my underarms and will keep you updated with my journey- my real journey- no censoring. You will see and read about the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Take this journey with me! Call 2112-647-8919 to schedule a free consultation, and check out the pre-treatment instructions below.
Laser Hair Removal (LHR) Pre-Treatment Instructions:
Please Note: If you have any special health conditions, please e-mail us or bring a release from your Doctor to your 1st LHR appointment, stating that you are cleared to be treated.
1. Please shave the treatment area 24 hours before your LHR appointment.
2. Stop using Photosensitive Treatments 2 weeks prior to your LHR appointment. If you have used any of the Photosensitive Treatments listed below within the 2 weeks prior to your appointment, please call to reschedule your appointment. (Note: You can start reusing Retin-A and Renova 2 days after your LHR treatment.)
Retin-A Tetracycline Depilatory Creams
Renova St. John’s Wort Antibiotics
Tazorac Differin Sun Tanning/Tanning Beds
3. Do not Wax/Tweeze/Thread 6 weeks prior to your LHR appointment. If you have waxed/tweezed/threaded within the 6 weeks prior to your LHR appointment, please call to reschedule your appointment.
4. Stop Exfoliating a few days prior to your LHR appointment.
5. If you’ve had a Chemical Peel, please wait at least weeks to schedule your LHR appointment.
For example: Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Hydroxyl Acid, and Tretinoin Peels, etc.
6. If you’ve had Botox, please wait 2 weeks to schedule your LHR appointment.
7. If you’ve had Fillers, such as Restylane or Juvederm, please wait at least 3 weeks for the fillers to settle to schedule your LHR appointment.
8. If you are using Accutane, please wait 6 months to 1 year after you’ve finished your regimen to schedule your LHR appointment.
9. If you’ve had a Facelift or any Surgery in the same area of the body in which you’re interested in having the LHR treatment, please wait 6 months to 1 year in order to heal completely to schedule your LHR appointment.
You may resume your daily routine and medications 5 to 7 days after your LHR treatment; consult with your White Tea Med Spa therapist, as well as your personal health practitioner.